How to prevent split ends
- Toss the cheap synthetic brushes out and upgrade to a natural bristle brush. The cheaper brushes snag and break hair and increases the chance of getting split ends with its use.
- Do not brush wet hair
- Dont overwash your hair
- Dont trim hair with poor quality scissors or use inferior hair products
- Have your hair trimmed every 6 weeks
- Protect hair from environmental damage by wearing a hat in the summer and keeping hair moisturized in the winter
- Use thermal protectors to prevent damage before using drying hair styling tools
How to temporarily treat split ends
Deep treat your hair with a moisturising deep conditioner. You can also opt to make your own by mixing 1 cup of mayonnaise 1/2 cup olive oil and 3 egg yolk(optional)
- Shampoo hair with a shampoo made for your hair problem
- Use a leave in conditioner and a shine serum to coat split ends before drying hair
How to cure your split end blues
The only way to get rid of split ends is to cut you hair. Ensure that your hair is cut above the location of you split ends to prevent them from returning.