If your hair tends to be excessively oily here are some tips to help you deal with it:
- Contrary to what many believe, it isn't a good idea to wash hair every day. Washing the hair causes oil to be lost which will cause your overstimulated sebaceous glands to secrete even more oil into the hair. Also try to use a mild, pH balanced, shampoo to wash your hair.
- Use conditioner only on the middle and ends of your hair, where it might be dry. Otherwise you are unnecessarily adding oil to your hair.
- Try an acidic rinse. Make by mixing 2 tablespoons of lime juice: 1 cup of lime. Rinse mix from hair and follow with hot water
- Massaging hair stimulates the oil glands and results in oil production,therefore, try to minimize this action.
- Over shampooing causes hair to be stripped of its natural oils and cause hair to be dry. To avoid that, shampoo at least every week but not everyday using a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner.
- Try a deep moisturizing conditioner or simply apply some mayonnaise to the hair for 20-30 minutes. Shampoo the hair and rinse thoroughly.
- Hot oil treatment are excellent for dry hair. Add treatment to hair wait 5-20minutes and rinse this with a gentle shampoo.
- Massage scalp to stimulate oil glands and therefore aid oil production.
- Reduce the heat damage by cutting down on the length of time and frequency of drying hair.
- If you prefer you can use egg to improve the looks of hair. Simply, add tepid water to 2 eggs and apply this directly to your hair. Rinse hair with tepid water to clean hair.